Our Mission is Rooted in Human Spirituality
Our mission is two-fold:
- To offer a place for all people to give thanks to our Creator.
- To witness, to celebrate, and to promote the value and spirit of thanksgiving for both sacred and secular cultures throughout the world.
Thanks-Giving Square serves as a common ground, a sanctuary, where there can be a confluence of faiths and traditions in discussion of shared concern. In Dallas, Thanks-Giving Square is a central meeting place where citizens from diverse backgrounds can use thanksgiving as a way to heal divisions and enhance mutual understanding.
Our mission is carried out through our programs of education and research:
- Cooperating with religious, cultural and educational organizations in educational and cultural programming
- Develop and operate the MultiFaith Exploration and Exchange Program, bringing together Dallas-area members of more than ten world religions to discuss religious and cultural diversity and issues that affect urban life
- Develop gratitude-education materials for use from preschool to university level
- Develop research and themes for presidential proclamations for the National Day of Prayer in the spring and Thanksgiving in the fall
- Hosting the National Day of Prayer breakfast and an annual Thanksgiving dinner
- Hosting meetings of the Thanksgiving World Advisors and seminars on thanksgiving and gratitude at various locations around the world, including Japan, Argentina, India, Liechtenstein, China and other countries
- Holding a Thanksgiving World Assembly for spiritual leaders from around the world