About Dog & Kitty City
Dog & Kitty City is operated by the Humane Society of Dallas County. Our purpose is to provide a safe and healthy environment for the indigent, abused and neglected animals of Dallas. Our shelter provides a service in educating the Dallas community on responsible pet ownership. Dog & Kitty City has operated for over 30 years and we are the only no kill animal shelter in the city.
We are a 501.c3 non profit organization and do not receive any tax support. We rely solely on private donations. Our service to the animals depends completely on the generosity of the community and on committed, dedicated volunteers.
- Rescuing and ministering to the indigent animal population
- Providing shelter, love and medical care for all of our animals until they find a loving home
- Promoting responsible pet ownership
- Providing on-going adoption support services to ensure a lifetime commitment from pet owners
- Eliminating animal cruelty through education
Helping to reduce animal over-population by providing services such as low-cost spay-neuter
- Fostering a respect for all life
At Dog & Kitty City, we spay or neuter all of our animals before adoption, as we believe this policy will help decrease animal over-population. We test cats for Feline Leukemia and FIV, and our dogs for heartworm. Both are tested for parasites. All necessary vaccinations, medications and heartworm preventative are given as required.
We also have "special needs" cats, Feline Leukemia and FIV cats, available. They are extremely lovable cats who can live long and happy lives.